2002 Putzmeister 58 meter won’t stroke change - pump
Pnw pumper 09-05-2025
comment profile send pm notify

Good evening  

2002 Putzmeister 58 meter won’t stroke-won’t change over won’t pump. 

I’ve got accumulator pressure, I’ve got rpm’s, I’ve got no e-stops on. My estop block shows I’ve got Channels 1-2 ect , I’ve tried manually locking in valves and I’ve tried emergency stroke change kit. When I pump on fwd or rev and have viberator circuit on I hear it come on. I’ve got no blown fuses. I’ve got agitators every thing is working except it won’t pump/ change stroke. This all happened after finish a job durning washing up all of a sudden I’ve got nothing. Any ideas would be helpful 

thanks 


Todd 09-09-2025
reply profile send pm notify

Based on the information you provided about your 2002 Putzmeister 58-meter pump, it seems like you're experiencing an issue with the pumping and stroke change functions. You've already checked several important components and systems, which helps narrow down the potential causes. Here are some ideas and steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

  1. Check the proximity switches: Ensure that the proximity switches near the hydraulic cylinders are functioning properly. These switches signal the pump to change over at the end of each stroke. If they are faulty or not sending the correct signals, the pump may not change over or pump.

  2. Inspect the hydraulic valves: Check the main hydraulic valves for any signs of sticking, contamination, or damage. A stuck or faulty valve can prevent the hydraulic system from functioning correctly, causing the pump to stop stroking.

  3. Verify the hydraulic pressure: Use a pressure gauge to check the hydraulic pressure in the system. Ensure that the pressure is within the specified range for your pump model. Low or inconsistent hydraulic pressure can cause pumping and stroke change issues.

  4. Check the electrical system: Although you mentioned no blown fuses, it's still worth checking the electrical system for any loose connections, damaged wires, or faulty relays. Pay special attention to the wiring related to the pumping and stroke change functions.

  5. Inspect the control system: If your pump is equipped with an electronic control system, such as a Putzmeister Ergonic system, there might be a fault in the control system causing the pumping and stroke change issues. Check for any error codes or messages on the control panel display.

  6. Check for contamination: Inspect the hydraulic oil for any signs of contamination, such as water, dirt, or debris. Contaminated oil can cause various issues, including malfunctioning valves and reduced hydraulic pressure.

  7. Contact Putzmeister support: If the issue persists after checking the above points, it's highly recommended to contact Putzmeister's customer support for further assistance. They have experienced technicians who can provide specific guidance based on your pump model and troubleshooting steps.

Putzmeister's main contact number for support is 800-890-0269 (24/7).

Given that the issue occurred suddenly during the wash-up process, it's possible that a component was damaged or dislodged. A thorough inspection of the systems mentioned above should help identify the root cause. Remember to prioritize safety when troubleshooting and working on your concrete pump. If you are unsure about any steps or need further clarification, do not hesitate to reach out to Putzmeister's support team or a qualified technician familiar with your specific equipment.


TooTall 09-15-2025
reply profile send pm notify

Sounds like a proxy switch problem. Check em all make sure they have a good connection etc. 

PrefConc 09-18-2025
reply profile send pm notify

One or both charge pumps failed. No control pressure